Our School Charter
The Board of Governors is committed to maintaining a comprehensive school with a non-selective intake of students at age 11 which aims to enable and ensure that all its young people become:
- Successful, independent and enterprising young people who enjoy learning and achieve their best in all that they do.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to their local, national and global communities
The school will:
- Support the individual needs of all students.
- Provide an excellent education to all students, give them the opportunities to use and develop their individual skills and abilities, and enjoy their time at school.
- Maintain a broad, balanced and appropriately challenging curriculum that addresses the needs of all students.
- Encourage students to take pride in their school and to contribute to its development.
- Recognise and reward the achievements of students.
- Provide and maintain a safe, caring and stimulating physical, social and learning environment.
- Respond to and serve the needs of the local community.
- Work with parents, the community, other schools and local and national services for children and young people.
- Value the contribution of all staff and parents.
- Be committed to the professional development and wellbeing of all staff.
- Employ all staff under terms and conditions that are fair and reflective of their individual roles and responsibilities, taking into consideration relevant national and local terms and conditions.
- Consult staff on matters relating to their terms and conditions of employment, recognising the role of trade unions and professional organisations.